Typical swimmers spend a lot of time picking their perfect goggles and deciding on the type and shape that suit them best. It would be a shame if they waste their time and money on goggles that will be scratched or broken within a couple of weeks wouldn’t it?!
Here are a few tips to help you protect them:
- Rinse your goggles in clean, cool water after every swim to remove traces of chlorine, salt or sand, which may damage your goggles over time.
- Hang your goggles and allow them to air dry.
- Most goggles have anti-fog coating; do not rub the inner lens surface, especially when it’s wet, so you don’t remove it.
- Do not use paper products, or rough fabrics to clean your goggles. If you absolutely have to clean the lenses, make sure you use a soft, lint-free cloth.
- If the strap is very dirty, you can clean it with soapy water, but make sure none of the soap reaches the lenses.
- Never keep your goggles exposed to direct sunlight. Intense heat will let the silicone dry and the goggles’ color will fade.
- Store your goggles in a special pouch or case to protect them and keep them clean and scratch-free. Wash the pouch or case regularly.
Careful use and care are the best ways to keep your goggles intact. You take good care of your swimsuit don’t you? So why ignore your goggles? They need just as much attention!
Happy swimming 🙂
Image source: Livestrong.com by